Wednesday 2 March 2011

On Commentaries

So. This is a blog. I've decided to embark on a brand new adventure full of so many opportunities to allow me to further procrastinate doing things I don't want to do. Welcome to my first horribly awkward blog post. It's going to be like one of those conversations an acquaintance you don't particularly like decides to strike up with you when you kind of want to be somewhere else, but they're really pressing on the topic at hand. I promise you it will only get better from here, and I'll change this layout sometime when I feel like fucking around with colours for three hours. Maybe one day I'll start incorporating pictures I draw and shit as well to satisfy your short attention spans and to break up the blocks of text.

About the name of the blog... I spent a good deal of time throughout this day trying to come up with a name for the damned thing, but I couldn't. So I got a suggestion from a friend and decided to roll with it. Little Commentaries. We've also decided to shamelessly advertise for each other. Look, it's Jimmy "nickname" Mercer, he's super cool. Follow him. -> http://toastertroubles.blogspot.com/   Anyways, the title came from a group of poems by a Suzanne Buffam. Having never read these poems, I decided to name my blog after it. Now the obligation to read them is so great I'm going to do it right now and hopefully find out it was a good idea. So welcome to my first blog post.

Do I have to put copyright shit on these poems I decide to post? Fuck it.

The first line of the first poem, 'On Possibility' reads, "Here comes the train from Tehuantepec" What is a Tehuantepec? Oh hai Google. It's a city, for those of you who don't know, in Oaxaca. Upon reading the rest of the poem, I have further realized I'm terrible at reading and understanding poems, we're just going to move onto the next ones. John, don't criticize me.

I'm enjoying the following poems much more, fyi. I'm not going to list all of them though. I'm having problems with this one though:

'On Clouds'
To be a cloud
Find a hill
And swallow it.




Okay.




Soul without a body or a body without a soul?
Like choosing between an empty lake
And the same empty lake

I like this one ^ Figure out what it's comparing.

There is a poem entitled "On Oblivion" I got excited. That is all.

I am seriously enjoying these. They're cute. I am now okay with my blogs title.

Also forgetting to really take notes on any of these.

'On Geological Time'
Enjoy the view while you can
Mt. Everest.

I wrote that one out because it's short and I laughed.


Okay. I finished reading them. Now I'm going to leave and go to bed so I can get cozy and read them again. Maybe I'll get up in the morning and make another post or something. A post on something that doesn't require me to read and type at the same time. (I think this is why I'm so bad at taking notes in class)


Remember -> http://toastertroubles.blogspot.com/

2 comments: